Photos: L: Dr. Dipnarine Maharaj   R: Cancer cells.

From Rick Stevens Ascot Media Group

Chances are, you know someone who has been diagnosed with cancer. One out of every three women will contract the disease in their lifetime; for men the odds are even greater. Now, an exciting new protocol has received approval from the FDA and WIRB (Western Institutional Review Board) to conduct a Phase I/II clinical trial on humans for treatment of solid tumor (metastic) cancers using a treatment designed to “supercharge the patient’s immune system and “zap” the cancer cells, destroying them.”

Leading the investigation is Dr. Dipnarine Maharaj, Director of the South Florida Bone Marrow and Stem Cell Transplant Institute in Boynton Beach, Florida. A hematologist and oncologist, Dr. Maharaj has been successfully treating patients with blood cancers for years using stem cell treatments. The clinical trials now underway target solid tumor cancers such as breast, cervical, stomach, pancreatic, lung, and melanoma.

As Dr. Maharaj explains, “A characteristic of a metastic cancer cell is the way it divides into twins. One of the twins will actually begin to form tissues while the other twin lies dormant. The standard therapy for treating metastatic tumors is chemotherapy. Chemotherapy will kill a certain number of tumor cells and those cells may shrink, so it will look as though you’re making progress, but with the immune system weak, the dormant twin can begin to form new tumors, which is why these cancers often return.

“Our protocol is based on a 1999 study conducted at Wake Forest University by my colleague, Dr. Zheng Cui. Dr. Cui discovered a cancer resistant mouse. No matter how many times Dr. Cui attempted to infect this mouse with cancer, he couldn’t do it; the mouse’s immune system was simply too strong. Further investigation showed that the mouse’s white cells possessed granulocytes – specialty cells that sought out cancer cells and eradicated them. These same granulocytes were also found in the white blood cells of humans, specifically in the immune systems of young, healthy people around the ages of nineteen through twenty-five. Our protocol is to treat metastic cancer patients with cancer killing granulocytes donated by young healthy cross-matched donors in order to repair or supercharge the patient’s immune system."

As promising as the new protocol sounds, there remains a funding hurdle to overcome. In recent years grant money from the National Institute of Health has been more difficult to obtain, and insurance companies do not pay for treatments during clinical trials.

To meet the financial challenge, the Institute has just launched a new website: www.ZapCancer.org which explains the protocol, provides vital answers for cancer patients, collects tax-deductible donations to fund the clinical trial, and contains a video presentation produced by N.Y. Times best-selling author, Steve Alten, whose father died from melanoma two weeks before he was to receive the protocol. Says Alten, “Cancer is a horrible disease that affects all of us. And yet, if a million people simply donated $10, the Institute could complete the first phases of this vitally important investigation, a necessary step to one day treating patients worldwide. For the simple cost of a movie ticket or paperback book, we could help fund a potential cure for solid tumor cancers. I pray that everyone will take a look at the ZapCancer.org website, make a small donation, and spread the link around.”

Comments

06/28/2012 01:47

Very useful post.. I hope you will continue your same best work and we will get more informative post which can helpful to us. Thanks for this!!!

09/15/2012 03:46

Hi there,
I will do my best to continue on reporting and providing informative topics for as long as I live.
One thing i know. If I could touch or save one soul on this planet and make a difference, to me it is like saving the entire world.
If I can touch or save few souls, then I'm the luckiest person on earth.
I will continue on doing my work. This is what I love most, the passion of writing, creating, and sharing - is the gift of life!

Sincerely,

David Cohen
Publisher

06/28/2012 02:30

It will be great if this new treatment works and will be a giant step in fight against cancer.

09/15/2012 03:33

There is nothing more gratifying then finding a cure to a horrible disease like cancer.
To find out later on that you have reported on a a procedure, or on a research that found a cure, is the greatest feeling you could have as a writer or publisher.
I wish that a cure for cancer would be found sooner rather then later.
Sincerely,
David Cohen
Publisher

08/14/2012 04:32

I like your post, the fact that your site is a little bit different makes it so interesting, I get fed up of seeing the same old boring recycled stuff all of the time.

09/15/2012 03:25

Hi Dr. Scamp,
Thank you so much for the compliments. Comments like yours are what keep me on doing what I do. To hear that from a physician is the greatest compliment you could have asked for.
Again, Thank you for the kind words.
Sincerely,
David Cohen
Publisher

09/18/2012 08:59

Blogger’s brilliant Efforts are really appreciable. Anyone can easily understand the thoughts. Also I like the conclusions made on this topic which is really very informative.

09/28/2012 03:04

Thank you for the positive response.
Sincerely,
David Cohen
Publisher

09/28/2012 02:38

All the efforts you put in the blog post is appreciable. Entire blog is informative. Looking forward to read more blogs and contents from you. Wish you luck!

09/28/2012 03:04

Thank you for the positive response.
Sincerely,
David Cohen
Publisher

10/30/2012 02:49

There are new exciting cancer treatments that has received approval. Useful information

11/07/2012 06:05

It has been reported that commonly used antibiotic sometimes causes brain swelling. Useful post

12/27/2012 05:19

Really a life saving treatment. Hoping to get more such posts on other diseases as well.

12/27/2012 05:44

Your comment will be posted after it is approved.